Missoni entrusts its possible sale to the Rotchschild bank

Missoni has chosen Rothschild as financial advisor to study a potential sale. Currently 59% owned by the founding family, the Italian fashion house is exploring all options. This move follows expressions of interest from major luxury groups, initiated during the summer.


Italian fashion house Missoni has announced that it has chosen Rothschild as its financial advisor to examine the possibility of its potential sale. Two sources close to the matter confirmed this decision on Friday November 17.


Missoni is currently controlled by the founding family, which holds a majority 59% stake. The remaining 41% is held by Italian investment fund FSI, which in 2018 invested €70 million in the House renowned for its colorful creations.


The Missoni family is open to all strategic options, including a possible total sale of its stake.


No decision


One of the company’s sources stressed that no definitive decision had yet been taken on the sale of the company. In addition, a third independent source said that consideration of a potential sale had been stimulated by unsolicited expressions of interest from major luxury groups over the summer.


As part of this exploratory process, no formal sale process has been initiated to date, although preliminary work has been undertaken, according to one of the first two sources.


Beneficial acquisition


To continue reading this article, subscribe or log in to your account

Discover our plans

Subscribe for 1€

Become an active member of the community of luxury leaders.



Featured photo : ©Chiara Alessio

Picture of Hugues Reydellet
Hugues Reydellet
Hugues Reydellet is a young and passionate journalist whose favorite subjects are economy, culture, gastronomy, but also cars, and sports. With a sharp pen and an insatiable curiosity, Hugues is constantly on the lookout for new hot information to report.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Sign up now to receive sneak previews of our programs and articles!

Launch offer:

Your participation in the Camille Fournet Masterclass reserved for annual subscriber !

Luxus Plus Newsletter