L Catterton to recapitalize Etro

The Italian luxury brand, to be acquired by the Franco-American fund in 2021, is to undergo a capital increase of 15 million euros.

Etro to benefit from welcome cash injection.


L Catterton is to refinance the Milanese fashion house via a capital increase of 15 million euros.


The information, revealed by Milanese daily MF Fashion, has been confirmed by Etro. “The equity-building intervention by shareholder L Catterton, aimed at financing the Group’s significant investments, is aligned with the global relaunch project initiated in December 2021. “said the company.


L Catterton, the investment fund resulting from the merger between L Capital (Lvmh/Arnault Group) and the American fund Catterton, had become Etro’s majority shareholder (60%) in July 2021. The four heirs to the company and children of the brand’s founder, Ippolito, Jacopo, Kean and Veronica Etro, hold the remaining 40%.

Over the past two years, Etro has undergone a major overhaul.



The deal valued Etro at around 500 million euros, while its debt (at the end of 2020) stood at around 50 million euros.

For the past two years, Etro has been undergoing a major aggiornamento.


To continue reading this article, subscribe or log in to your account

Discover our plans

Subscribe for 1€

Become an active member of the community of luxury leaders.


Featured Photo: © Etro

Picture of The editorial team
The editorial team
Thanks to its extensive knowledge of these sectors, the Luxus + editorial team deciphers for its readers the main economic and technological stakes in fashion, watchmaking, jewelry, gastronomy, perfumes and cosmetics, hotels, and prestigious real estate.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Sign up now to receive sneak previews of our programs and articles!

Launch offer:

Your participation in the Camille Fournet Masterclass reserved for annual subscriber !

Luxus Plus Newsletter